It is truly a ‘downer’ when you are invited to sit in a demo car and you spot broken switches, stained upholstery, footprints, dirty interior and worst of all – smell of stale food and sweat. Such experiences motivated me to write out the following steps on “How to maintain a Demonstration unit”
- Thoroughly cleaned daily.
- Tanked up.
- All import papers to be removed and the glue on the windows cleaned off.
- Scratches and dent marks to be touched up and rectified.
- Thoroughly cleaned -Daily.
- Ensure polythene seat covers and protective plastic from radio side sills wood etc are completely removed.
- Front & rear Floor mats to be fitted colour to match. If not available place an order with Parts department.
- Glove box to contain the handbook, current registration and the Warranty Book.
- “No Smoking” sign must be fixed on the dashboard of each demonstrator.
- Radio should be tuned on to a suitable Muscat FM.
Maintenance & Repair
- Tyres to be at correct pressure and checked weekly to ensure they are maintained.
- Service intervals to be maintained as per Company policy.
- Any accessories fitted must be thoroughly checked by Brand/Location Manager to ensure they are correctly fitted and working. This should be checked weekly.
- Any damage caused is repaired as soon as possible under Company insurance policy.
Other important points to be noted by Brand/Location Manager.
- During work hours demonstrators to be always parked next to the showroom ready for use.
- Keys including spares to be kept under supervision of Brand /Location Manager.
- Full log to be kept of all Demonstrators given under control of Brand/Location Manager.
- Brand /Location Manager liable for any damage or fines that cannot be attributed to a user due to incomplete records being kept.
- Brand/Location Manager to ensure that registration is valid and up to date (kept in the glove box)
Note: “Clean” = “Spotless”.
The Brand /Location Manager should address anything that causes a demonstrator not to be at its best at all times. Remember Demonstrators are our shop windows, you wouldn’t want to enter a boutique that has dirty windows nor would you like to try on dirty clothes! It is our responsibility to exceed our customer’s expectations.